October 12, 2011

Featured Member Jbeinke

This weeks featured member is Jbeinke!






Tell us a bit about yourself & your shop:

I am a wife & hand embroidery artist who lives in Hayward, WI. I enjoy fashion, shopping for vintage items-especially linens, spending time with my husband & 2 cats & dog, and most of all just trying to make the world a more beautiful place.

My shop, JenE Embroidery, features hand embroidered items created by me & vintage fashion and home accessories. 

What or Who Inspires You:

I am inspired by nature, vintage fashion & embroidery items, the artists Henri Matisse, Georgia O'Keeffe, and the hand embroidery artist Jenny Hart. 



When you are not doing things for your shop where can we find you on the internet? 

On tweeter: @jbeinke also on facebook, pinterest, tumbler, instagram, google+,handembroidery.ning.com : Jenny Beinke Hoffman

What's your favorite stitch or what do you like most about needlework?

My favorite stitches are variants of the satin stitch & back stitch. I love needlework because of the colors, textures, and functionality of it. I trained as a painter through college and I still use those skills in my embroidery but I just love how embroider items are treasured in a home and not always just on a wall. 



How did you learn how to stitch?

My Grandma taught me when I was young, I still have my first piece of hand embroidery & cross stitch that I did with her. A pink puppy flour sack towel & a blue cross stitched swan on an apron. 

Do you have any questions you are looking for answers to that you would like to send out to the needlework community?

Where do you find inspiration & where do you like to buy embroidery supplies at (pillowcases, embroidery floss, ect)?





And just for fun, If you were a pizza topping, what pizza topping would you be?

pineapple, because I love color & I am a little sweet unexpected surprise

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for interviewing me, the post looks great!

    Happy Stitching!

    -jenny
    -jbeinke

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flowers :), very delicate looking , nice work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We hope you'll enjoy the community here at EtsyNEAT!