March 21, 2011

Free Pattern!

Happy Monday! This week instead of searching for needlework patterns to purchase, I am posting a free pattern. This is a vintage 1950s Briggs pattern from Needlewoman & Needlecraft No. 51. Needlewoman & Needlecraft is a vintage magazine from the UK that is filled with patterns, projects and ideas for embroidery, crochet and knitting. I love collecting them and try to find ones containing the original transfer patterns. Although the original transfer is quite small (6.5 inches by 4.5 inches), you can print the pattern out to make a larger design. I have yet to embroider it, but I think it will look wonderful as a wall hanging.

Please click on the above image for the full-size image to print

(Under the Creative Commons License, this pattern is free to use but please do NOT sell it or use it commercially…thank you!)

Happy Stitching!

xxx Rebecca aka melysbaby xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love those UK patterns too! I have quite a few that I've purchased on Etsy. Never seen any of the magazines, though. The antique/vintage stores I frequent hardly ever have anything embroidery related!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the drawing-ish look of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pattern. I think I need to try and find some of those UK patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We hope you'll enjoy the community here at EtsyNEAT!