February 23, 2011

Featured Member MutantAngel


Our next featured member is one of our leaders MutantAngel

Q.  Tell us a bit about yourself and your shop.

A.  My name is Katie, aka MutantAngel, and I specialize in vintage style hand embroidery. You'll find lots of handkerchiefs and towels in my shop, along with a few pretty things for baby and other miscellaneous goodies. 

Q.  What or Who inspires you?

A.  My mother has a huge collection of vintage handkerchiefs, so we've spent a lot of time over the years looking through stacks of vintage linens at flea markets, antique stores, and little thrift stores around North Carolina. I've always been into "old" stuff as well, so I think it was natural that I "inherited" her love for old linens. This translated into my developing NEW items that looked old-- all the charm without the stains!

Q.  When you're not doing things for your shop can we find you around the internet?

A.  I have a blog but I honestly need to update it more! I also have a Facebook Fan Page. I'm a full time middle school teacher so I spend a lot of time emailing parents and updating grades, too! 

Q.  Just for fun tell us your favorite color.

A.  Jade green... or Cherry red. Depends on the day. My kitchen is both!
~Bekah

4 comments:

  1. Nice to learn more about you, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feature! I am going to share this on my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your embroidery and it's nice to learn a little about you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We hope you'll enjoy the community here at EtsyNEAT!